Arvigo Techniques of Mayan abdominal therapy®
"The uterus is a woman's center. If her uterus is not in proper position and good health nothing in her life will be right. She will be as out of balance as her uterus."
-Don Elijio Panti, Mayan Shaman-
The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy® are founded on an ancient Maya technique of abdominal massage. This technique is performed externally by gently guiding and supporting organs back into their optimal position, allowing for improved functioning for optimal health and wellness.
Arvigo® Therapy is best known for addressing misalignment or congestion in the reproductive organs, as well as many common digestive disorders. The techniques effectively alleviates tissue congestion and organ constriction to improve the vital flows of energy, blood, lymph and nerves in the abdomen. They address and can release emotional and energetic tension from the abdomen. This assists to prevent the progression of chronic disease symptomology while improving the body's ability to SELF REPAIR AND BALANCE.
The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy® support and enhance health and wellness throughout the many shifts and transformations of a woman's life.
The following are the most common symptoms and conditions that Arvigo® Therapy may help to address:
- Menstrual disorders (painful/irregular periods)
- Pre-conception through postpartum care
- C-section/hysterectomy surgery recovery
- Pelvic organ congestion (endometriosis, cysts, fibroids)
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Chronic bladder/yeast infections
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Digestive disorders (Crohn's, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Gastro Esophageal Reflux Disease, Gastritis, Constipation, Indigestion, etc.)
- Urinary System (incontinence, frequent urinary infections, etc.)
- Varicose Veins
- Fertility Enhancement
- Post Surgical (scar tissue, recovery)
What to expect During a Session:
- A comprehensive review of your past and present healthcare needs focusing on reproductive and digestive health
- Upper and lower abdominal massage to help align reproductive and abdominal organs to optimal position, improve circulation to organs, and promote vital flow to support the body's inherent healing capacity
- Evaluation of pelvic alignment and application of bodywork to improve pelvic alignment when indicated
- Instruction in self-care massage to support and continue the work we do together
- Recommendations of complimentary supportive modalities to support your health and wellness that may include nutritional and herbal support, lifestyle education, and other supportive practices.
- Typically 2-3 professional sessions (at a minimum) are required to start shifting most conditions. Clients who perform their self-care massage will often feel results sooner.
Times when Arvigo® Abdominal Therapy is contraindicated:
- If you have an IUD, this therapy is not recommended
- On your menstrual cycle and 5 days prior to menstruation
- Directly after abdominal surgery (advised to wait at least 6 weeks after surgery)
- **Please note: I am not taking pregnant women at this time.**
The Origins of Arvigo Therapy:
Dr. Rosita Arvigo, DN is the founder of The Arvigo Institute. She is a naprapathic physician and master herbalist who has lived and studied with traditional healers in Central America for more than 30 years. She apprenticed with the renowned Maya Shaman Don Elijo Panti for 10 years until his passing. Dr. Arvigo learned traditional pregnancy care from Miss Hortence Robinson, a well-known herbal midwife in Belize. She combined her knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and naprapathy (study of muscles, ligaments, connective tissues) with her extensive acquired background in traditional healing methods, and formulated the Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy®. Dr. Arvigo established the Arvigo Institute in 2000 and has trained healthcare professionals worldwide.